I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago telling you guys about the death of another Xbox 360. I promised an update on the resolution of my “Red Rings of Death” problem with my console. I have some great customer service to report. Here’s the running diary.
1. Registered my console on the Microsoft website. The warranty has been extended because of my last issue.
2. I was directed to print a shipping label. I couldn’t get the label to display in any browser.
3. A call to support and they mailed me out a label.
4. The label came in about a week.
5. I boxed up the console and sent took it to a local UPS store.
6. The repair center is within driving distance so it arrived overnight.
7. The repair was done in 1 day.
8. The console was back in my hands today, 1 day later.
9. The package contained a free month of Xbox Live. Nice.
A very positive experience. Good job, Microsoft. I appreciate that you learned from past mistakes.