I hate to admit this in a public forum, but I am a clearance junkie. I am not cheap, probably should be much more thrifty than I am, but I love buying things on clearance. It’s the thrill of the kill, or something close to it that makes me love it. I don’t really like shopping except when we’re going somewhere they might have clearance racks.
- Target – Our go-to store for everything, but I like it because they always have clearance. I wander the permiter of the store searching the clearance on the end-caps.
- Old Navy – Extra special when they have an additional 50% off of the clearance items.
- The Nike Store – I always check for that super steal of some fly kicks.
- The Outlet Mall (sometimes) – Some stores in the outlet actually have real clearance, but most are just regular sales.
What is Clearance?
- Clearance has to be at least 50% off the regualr price and even then, I am usually not interested.
- I like the 90% off deals, but 75% is also acceptable.
- I also like anytime I have to do advanced math like take an additional 50% off our already 70% off merchandise.
Some recent finds for me.
- Packs of $11.99 underwear at Old Navy for 50 cents.
- Nice patio swings at Target regular $90 for $12.99.
- Great shoes at the Nike Store for $14.99 regular $79.99
- I went nuts at Old Navy last week grabbing work polos for about $2.50, t-shirts for $3.00, and a hoodie for $5.00
Do I need all of this stuff? No chance. Do I go hoarder crazy? Not at all. We keep it in line, but we do enjoy getting deals on things we can actually use.
The last part of the equation in on-line. We can no monitor clearance deals 24/7. I like the following sites.
My current obsession is the HP TouchPad. I want one for $99 or $149. Do I need a TouchPad, hell no. Do I want the best deal to come around this year? Yes. Yes I do.
I know there are others out there. I see you lurking around the end-cap at Target. We nod at each other and acknowledge our secret.
Say hey, and tell me what you are stalking this holiday season.